Download as a .pdf file by clicking this link – PEACH Bylaws May 2015
Article I – Name
The name of this organization shall be PEACH, Inc—Parents Educating at Christian Homes, Inc.
Article II – Purpose
The purposes of this organization are:
A. To provide support, information, encouragement and fellowship to Christian families who are home educating. Home education is defined as a parent/guardian providing annual notification of homeschooling to the appropriate superintendent (Ohio Code 3301-34-03). A second option for home education is allowed by Ohio Code 3301-35-08 for non-chartered schools (“08” schools).
Article III – Membership
A. Qualifications for membership:
1. All member families must be home educating or have home educated at least one of their children as defined in Article II.A. The Leadership Team may allow membership for families homeschooling children who are not compulsory age.
2. At least one parent must sign that they agree with the PEACH Statement of Faith. A parent who does not sign the Statement of Faith shall not hold an office, serve on committees, vote, teach or speak at PEACH meetings.
3. PEACH member families agree to abide by PEACH policies.
4. Each member family agrees to waive any and all claims, actions or rights of action, which they may have against the organization, or any of its officers, or members, which may arise from the activities of any member family of the organization by reason of the purpose and nature of this organization.
5. PEACH is a private organization and reserves the right to deny or revoke membership for any reason.
B. Types of membership shall consist of Active, Inactive, and Emeritus:
a. Active member families will receive membership privileges when dues are paid in full.
b. Active membership requires that member families send at least one representative to four (4) PEACH sponsored activities (as listed in Policies) during the prior 11 months.
c. Active member families will be allowed one vote concerning PEACH business. Absentee voting arrangements may be made through the PEACH President prior to the meeting when voting will take place.
a. Inactive member families will receive membership privileges when dues are paid in full.
b. Inactive members do not have any meeting attendance required.
c. Inactive members shall not hold an office, nor have voting privileges. Inactive members may serve on committees.
a. Emeritus members must have graduated at least one of their children from homeschool high school, homeschooling as defined by PEACH.
b. Emeritus members must have been active PEACH members for at least two (2) years.
c. Emeritus members must confirm that they agree with the PEACH Statement of Faith.
d. Emeritus members will have the same privileges and responsibilities as other PEACH members.
1. First year annual dues shall be due and payable at the time of application.
2. Annual dues shall be twenty dollars ($20.00) payable to PEACH no later than the September PEACH meeting each year. A late fee of $5.00 will be charged for membership renewals received after the September PEACH meeting.
3. Any member family unable to pay dues in full by the established deadline shall make arrangements with the Membership Vice President before the deadline; such a request will be considered and approved or disapproved by the President.
4. Dues and other monies received shall be used to pay operating expenses upon Leadership Committee approval.
5. Current PEACH officers will receive a free PEACH membership during their term of service.
D. Non-payment of dues:
1. Non-payment of dues after the September PEACH meeting shall be considered in arrears.
2. Any member family who has not paid their current dues by the September PEACH meeting will have their membership revoked and be removed immediately from the PEACH lists.
3. A member family may be reinstated upon immediate payment of arrears in full plus $5.00 late fee.
Article IV – Officers and Committees
A. There shall be the following elected offices which shall comprise the Leadership Team:
2. Three Vice Presidents: Activities, Meetings, and Membership
B. An officer who does not comply with his/her responsibilities may be relieved of office by a majority vote of the Leadership Team. Appointment of a replacement shall be made by the President with the approval of the Leadership Team.
C. In the event of the departure of an officer, a replacement shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the Leadership Team.
D. In the event of the departure of the President, the Meetings Vice President shall function as the acting President until a new President is appointed by the Leadership Team.
E. Each officer position may be filled by either one or two PEACH members.
F. No more than two of the six officer positions may be held by an Emeritus member.
Article V – Elections
1. A nominating committee consisting of a chairperson and no more than two other members shall be appointed by the President three months before elections.
2. Report of the nominating committee shall be made at the April meeting.
3. Nominations from the floor will be in order at the April meeting.
1. An elections committee of two members shall be appointed by the President to conduct the elections.
2. Election shall be by secret ballot.
3. Election shall be held in May.
4. Officer Elections are determined by an affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of all the active member families voting.
C. Term of Office:
1. Officers shall be elected for a term of one (1) year to serve from July 1 until June 30, of the following year.
2. Officers shall not serve more than three (3) consecutive years in the same office.
D. Outgoing officers shall turn over all PEACH materials to incoming officers.
Article VI – Duties of Officers
A. The President shall:
1. Preside over all meetings of the Leadership Team and general meetings of the organization, and at any special meetings.
2. Appoint or approve committees and coordinators.
3. Make interim appointments as needed with the approval of the Leadership Team.
4. Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees.
5. Call special meetings when necessary.
6. Assign officer duties as needed.
B. The Membership Vice President shall:
1. Maintain a database of PEACH members.
2. Print and distribute PEACH membership directory.
C. The Meetings Vice President shall plan monthly PEACH meetings.
D. The Activities Vice President shall supervise or plan PEACH activities such as field trips, skating, bees and fairs.
E. The Secretary shall:
1. Maintain and keep copies of PEACH records, both hard copy and digital.
2. Keep minutes of all Leadership meetings.
3. Oversee public website.
F. The Treasurer shall:
1. Have charge of all the funds of the organization.
2. Make an annual financial report to the membership.
3. Be accountable to the Leadership Committee.
4. Balance the checking account monthly.
Article VII – Treasury
A. Checks for PEACH sponsored activities shall be made payable to PEACH. No checks shall be payable to Members or Coordinators. Post dated checks will not be accepted.
B. Cash may be received in person by Coordinators or Leadership Members only at PEACH sponsored events and when proper receipt documentation is available. Cash is not to be mailed or delivered to Coordinators or Leadership Members.
Article VIII – Meetings
A. There shall be monthly meetings and/or events except July, which is optional.
B. Special meetings may be called by the President or the Leadership Team. Upon written notice of one-fourth (1/4) of the active membership the President shall call a meeting. Notice of special meetings shall be given to the members at least seven (7) days in advance.
C. A quorum for conducting business of a regular or special meeting of the membership shall be not less than one-third (1/3) of the members empowered to vote.
Article IX – Discipline
A. Charges of working against the principles and purposes of PEACH, and/or injuring the standing of a member family shall be dealt with according to Matthew 18:15-17.
B. The member family may be suspended by a two-thirds (2/3) vote or expelled by a three-fourths (3/4) vote of the membership.
Article X – Amendments
A. The bylaws and Statement of Faith may be amended or revised by an affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of all the active member families present at a regularly scheduled monthly membership meeting.
B. Copies of proposed amendments shall be given to members in writing at least one (1) month prior to the meeting.
Article XI – Dissolution
Should PEACH be dissolved, material possessions and monies shall be given to a like-minded homeschooling organization after any and all bills have been paid. Recipient organization shall be chosen by the Leadership Team.
(amended in compliance with Article X May 2015