Note: Policies are determined by the PEACH officers in accordance with the By-laws.
- PEACH membership is from the date the application is completed or the date of renewal, and dues have been received and processed, until the September meeting of the following year.
- Renewal invitations begin in July and end in August.
- A short-term membership fee of $15.00 is available for families joining on or after January 1st.
- Membership dues may be refunded within 14 days of the date of membership.
PEACH Activity Guidelines and Code of Conduct
All PEACH groups and activities, unless otherwise noted, are reserved for PEACH members only.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with Biblical principles of respect, courtesy, and morality at all PEACH meetings, events, and activities.
- All language used should glorify God and edify others.
- The personal space and property of others should be treated with respect.
- Physical displays of affection are not permitted at PEACH activities.
- Participants should respect the activity coordinators and social group leaders and abide by the requirements for participation in the activities they coordinate.
- Students attending field trips or social group activities must be accountable to an adult present.
- Activity coordinators reserve the right to admonish or remove a student from the group who has become unruly.
- PEACH monthly meetings are free and open to the public. However, participation in the December Children’s Craft Sale, the Shining Stars Showcase, and the June Homeschool Curriculum Sale is for PEACH members only.
- To participate in the June Homeschool Curriculum Sale, you must be a PEACH member by the January PEACH meeting.
- Care Groups are for PEACH members only, with the exception of the PEACH Dad’s Breakfast.
- Care Groups are small subgroups of PEACH, meeting to discuss homeschooling topics, share experiences and concerns, promote information sharing, and provide fellowship and encouragement, fulfilling the mission of PEACH according to the PEACH Bylaws and Statement of Faith.
- New Care Groups must be approved by the Care Group Coordinator.
- Care Groups will meet regularly between October and April.
- The PEACH Activity Guidelines and Code of Conduct should be followed by all participants.
- Reservation deadlines are determined by the field trip coordinator and will vary by event. Please check announcements carefully for detailed information.
- Signing up for an event at a meeting or online does not guarantee your reservation. Reservations are only confirmed and guaranteed when full payment has been received by PEACH.
- Some “free” field trips will require a deposit, which will be refunded upon arrival at the event.
- Cancellations of a registration made 2 days prior to the event will be refunded if possible.
- If you are registered for an event and an emergency prevents your attendance, you must notify the field trip coordinator by phone, no later than 1 hour prior to the start of the event.
- If you do not attend and do not notify, you will be charged a $5.00 “noshow” fee and forfeit any refunds due you. You should pay the fee by the honor system to the Activities VP or mail a check to: PEACH P. O. Box 39, Alpha OH 45301-0039.
- PEACH field trip participants are responsible for the behavior of their families. Field trips are not drop-off activities. A responsible adult must accompany all children. Families should stay together during tours. If there is a behavior problem during a field trip, the field trip coordinator has the authority to ask a family to leave the tour.
- Non-homeschooled siblings of PEACH families may attend PEACH field trips.
- Skating events are covered under field trip policies.
- Non-member families may attend a PEACH field trip if all of the following criteria are met:
- They are a guest of a member family.
- A fee of $2.00 per family is paid to the field trip coordinator. This is in addition to the cost of the field trip itself. An exception is made for special helpers such as grandparents, who may attend for no additional fee.
- Special helpers bringing non-member children will be assessed for the $2.00 fee.
- Space must be available. PEACH member families are given priority when space is limited.
- PEACH Bees, Fairs, Skating events, and the Annual PEACH Family Picnic are coordinated by the Activities VP or a PEACH member approved/appointed by the Activities VP.
- Non-homeschooled children of PEACH member families may not participate in PEACH Bees and Fairs.
- A PEACH member family must have joined PEACH by the September meeting in order to participate in the PEACH Graduation the following spring.
- The Graduation membership deadline is October 31st in order to participate in the PEACH Graduation the following spring.
- Graduation fees are due in full by October 31st. No refunds of Graduation fees will be given after October 31st.
- PEACH Graduation takes place the Saturday before Memorial Day each year.
- All graduates, parents/guardians, junior representatives and anyone closely associated with the ceremony must attend a mandatory rehearsal.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) and graduates must make every effort to attend and participate in planning meetings. Each family will be expected to have at least one parent/guardian participate in planning by volunteering for a committee.
- All participating families must contribute to the cost of graduation operational expenses (i.e. monetary gifts for speakers, musicians, emcee, decorating expenses, etc.) Amount will be determined by the coordinator at the first planning meeting after membership deadline.
- Each family will be responsible for their own personal expenses. (i.e. rental of cap and gown, personal open house/parties, any cost pertaining to any graduate activities organized by the activity committee, senior pictures and announcements, gifts, etc.)
- Junior class representatives must be graduating or considering graduation the subsequent year with PEACH. Siblings of the current senior class will be considered first in representing the junior class before the general PEACH membership.
- Graduation coordinator(s) reserve the right to determine whether a member family has fulfilled the spirit of intent of membership in order to include their senior in PEACH graduation.
Annual PEACH Testing
- Non-homeschooled children of PEACH families may not participate in PEACH testing.
- To participate in PEACH Testing you must be a PEACH member by the date of the January PEACH Meeting.
- The test administrator will maintain a high degree of discipline in the classroom during each test period. Students may only take needed testing materials with them to their seat. Calculators are permitted for certain sub-tests, but this does not include other devices that have a calculator function or app. Cell phones, smart phones or tablets are not allowed in the testing room.
- No parent may be a test administrator or helper in his/her child’s class.
- Each family participating in testing must be available to assist 2 of the 3 days of testing and must be available the week after testing in case make-up testing is necessary.
- If a student misses any section of the test due to unforeseen circumstances (sickness, emergency, etc.), the parent will be required to pay a PEACH certified tester to administer the remainder of the test for your child.
- Make-up tests must be scheduled at the administrator’s convenience in the week following the PEACH test dates in order to assure timely results for the entire group.
- If you are unable to do the above, other options would include negotiating with BJU for a partial refund, or having a narrative assessment done by a certified teacher.
All monies entrusted to PEACH by its members shall be handled in a financially sound manner, with transparent accountability and Biblical stewardship.
Reimbursement of PEACH Expenses
Any expenses incurred for PEACH above the amount of $25.00 must be approved by the Treasurer. All receipts must be turned in, signed, and may be original or handwritten.
- An email newsletter is provided to our membership at no extra cost.
- The subscription cost of a printed and mailed newsletter is $8.50 per year.
- Send newsletter submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. The newsletter editor(s) and leadership of PEACH reserve the right to edit or refuse publication of anything submitted to the newsletter at their discretion.
- All submissions to the newsletter and peachhomeschool.org website must be in agreement, in tone and content, with current PEACH Bylaws, Policies, and Statement of Faith.
- Submissions are due by the 20th of the month in order to be published in the following month’s newsletter. Submissions received after this date are not guaranteed a space in the upcoming newsletter.
- PEACH does not accept paid advertisements.
- Blog post submissions for peachhomeschool.org are accepted at any time during the month and year. They will be reviewed and published upon approval. Please submit blog posts to email@example.com.
- We accept submissions from current PEACH members only.
- Anyone submitting articles that are reprints of already published works (books, blog posts, magazine articles) must provide proof in writing that they have obtained permission to reprint.
- According to the Fair Use Act, one may quote limited portions of a work for the purpose of commentary, criticism, review, or news reporting. http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html
In order for the PEACH name to be used for an event, activity, or organization, a written request must be submitted for approval by the PEACH officers.
PEACH does not provide child care. Parents are welcome to bring their children to meetings and activities, but children must be supervised by an adult at all times. A nursery is available during meetings where parents can sit with their young children.
- PEACH uses a private, secure online community where we can share information about homeschooling and conduct PEACH business.
- Communications should be respectful, gracious, and honoring to the Lord. Inappropriate posts may be removed by a moderator.
Unlike the PEACH Bylaws, which can only be amended by a vote of the membership, policies are determined by PEACH officers and can be changed at any time without notice.It is not possible for our officers and coordinators to anticipate every organizational, ethical, or moral situation or conflict. Our Bylaws and Policies are a basic set of guidelines we believe best serve the mission of PEACH. Any issues that arise and are not specifically covered in our Bylaws or Policies will be addressed by PEACH officers and coordinators in accordance with our Bylaws and Policies, guided by Biblical principles, and our heart’s desire to love the Lord God with all our hearts, and our neighbor as ourselves.
Updated July 2014